Life sciences Manufacturers
Life sciences manufacturers are dedicated to innovation, product quality and patient safety, but a tightening regulatory environment, increasing cost pressures and supply chain complexities are causing new challenges. Emerging global markets, quality initiatives, and increasing mergers and acquisitions activity add to the complexity of life sciences manufacturing and distribution.
Our Solutions are Used Effectively in Life Sciences Manufacturing
- 450+ Life Sciences Sites Live on QAD
- 54 Countries with QAD Life Sciences Customers
- $1.76 Trillion Annual Revenue Generated by QAD Life Sciences Customers
- Our Customer Base, From Big Companies With 5,000 Users to Small Companies With 5 Users Proves Our Solutions are Robust and Flexible.
Built on Strong Foundation
QAD offers the only full-featured, cloud-enabled ERP solution for life sciences that is available on an FDA “Qualified” and auditable infrastructure. QAD integrates quality systems into core operational business processes and provides for greater supply chain visibility and governance.
QAD allows life sciences manufacturers to better allocate capital and resources, and to meet the compliance requirements in the global life sciences industry.
QAD helps life sciences manufacturers reduce the risk of non-compliance.
In particular, QAD Cloud ERP Life Sciences Edition is available on an FDA “Qualified” IT infrastructure that is managed with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that meet regulatory requirements for computer systems and software as specified in the FDA’s 21 CFR Part 11 and the EU’s EudraLex Volume 4 Annex 11. QAD helps reduce the time to validation and cGMP compliance risk.
QAD integrates quality into core life sciences manufacturing processes through QAD QMS, our quality management software. Manufacturers can leverage simple quality management automation and quality control functionality such as item data attributes for quality control as well as integrate a complete Enterprise Quality Management System (EQMS) into their supply chain planning and execution. QAD traceability and serialization functionality helps companies comply with regulations for UDI and DQSA and Lot Trace Workbench allows companies to conduct effective product recalls and perform required recall effectiveness reporting to regulatory authorities.
With QAD Cloud ERP Life Sciences Edition, organizations can adapt quality-related processes to their unique requirements by defining quality inspections, tests or other verification activities. The system also has the ability to plan preventive maintenance and calibrations on inspection, measuring and test equipment.
Visibility and Distribution
Life sciences manufacturers face a variety of challenges when attempting to gain visibility into their global supply chains, including accurate forecasting and optimal distribution. QAD provides the needed
capabilities for effective planning and distribution. QAD Demand Planning and Supply Chain Planning span the complete demand and supply chain planning process from procurement to production and distribution. QAD Supplier Portal gives life sciences companies real-time visibility into their supply chains. QAD Transportation Management combines Freight Management, Global Trade Management, Trade Compliance and Package Exception functionality into a unified solution for distribution management.
The Cloud and on Premise Use, Available as Subscription or Capital Investment
While cloud may be preferred among large multinational companies, on-premise may be better choice for smaller companies - mostly because it enables more flexibility at implementations. Both cloud and on premise are available for subscription; on premise is also available as capital investment.
ERP as a Service has two major advantages:
- No need to make Capital Investment.
- We take care for your Information Technology, and you take care for your Products - everybody doing what knows the best.
Qad Enterprise Applications: a Complete Suite Built for Life Sciences Manufacturing
QAD Cloud ERP and QAD Enterprise Applications on premise deployments enable life sciences manufacturers to effectively:
- Deploy a full-featured, cloud-enabled ERP solution that is available on an FDA “Qualified” and auditable infrastructure.
- Integrate quality systems into core operational business processes.
- Provide for greater supply chain visibility and governance.
- Allocate capital and resources, while meeting compliance requirements of the global life sciences industry.
- Support global growth and expansion.
- Rapidly meet ever-evolving compliance requirements.
- Access and analyze processes and data, with visibility to further tune operations and make rapid, fact-based business decisions.