Food & Beverage Manufacturing
Food and beverage manufacturers produce a wide array of products from soda, wine, dairy, and fruits and vegetables to oils, spices and chocolate. It's complex business. There are many different product lines and manufacturing processes but all producers face similar challenges. Constant adjustments to product, packaging and pricing and a lack of uniformity in the supply chain mean food and beverage manufacturers must excel at inventory and supply chain management. At the same time, they must comply with ever-evolving safety and environmental regulations.
Our Solutions are Used in Effectively in Beverage manufacturing
- 500+ Food & Beverage Live on QAD
- 85 Countries with QAD Food & Beverage Customers
- $511 Billion Annual Revenue Generated by QAD Food & Beverage Customers
- Our Customer Base, From Big Companies With 5,000 Users to Small Companies With 5 Users Proves Our Solutions are Robust and Flexible.
Built on Strong Foundation
QAD participates in the development of several key global industry standards, and QAD actively works with customers in a number of development and industry groups.
Learning from these initiatives, QAD incorporates industry best practices into QAD Enterprise Applications to help food and beverage manufacturers readily adapt to challenges in meeting consumer demand, inventory and supply chain management, financial management and compliance needs in today’s global marketplace.
Meeting Customer Demand on the Shelf
Food and beverage manufacturers can never have too much information about consumer behavior. Today, manufacturers rely on point-of-sale data and store level data to improve planning and fulfillment.
QAD Demand Planning uses mathematical models based on consumer data to build and manage accurate forecasts, uncovering seasonality and other consumer buying patterns. QAD Business Intelligence helps manufacturers evaluate business situations, such as making key production and distribution decisions based on point-of-sale data. QAD Warehouse Management offers a complete range of task automation, picking, quality control, replenishment and inventory analysis across multiple warehouses. Food and beverage companies use QAD Enterprise Applications to support frequent deliveries that reduce stock outs at the shelf.
Meeting Customer Demand on the Shelf
Food and beverage manufacturers expend enormous amounts of money on trade spending and promotions, using a variety of techniques such as coupons, bundling and discounting programs. But what works?
QAD’s Trade Activity Management offers manufacturers full visibility into promotional processes and metrics, and it includes a set of automated promotion processes to reduce the likelihood of errors. Integrated with QAD Demand Planning and QAD Business Intelligence, it matches forecasts to results and offers a wide range of reports and what-if analyses to model future promotions.
Managing Inventory and Supply Chain
Quality control, raw material and base food costs and overall margin pressures force food and beverage manufacturers to track inventory better than ever before at every step of the supply chain.
QAD Transportation Management is a complete set of tools to optimize shipments whether by air, sea, parcel, truck or train, and assists with compliance and international documentation. Not only does it help ensure timely replenishment, food and beverage manufacturers are able to track raw materials to finished goods moving in and out of warehouses to retailers.
Safety and Compliance
Food safety and quality have never been bigger issues than they are today. While there are a number of reasons why, foodborne illnesses and the fact that every food and beverage manufacturing facility in the world is subject to strict regulations and inspections are among the key reasons.
QAD Quality Management System (QAD QMS) provides the functionality to meet ongoing quality system requirements, while sharing quality data across the manufacturing and supply chain process. It enables food and beverage companies to configure business processes to ensure they meet international and local safety standards and compliance requirements.
QAD’s features for Track, Trace & Recall assist companies in managing food and beverage recalls, and manage the identification and location of all products through all manufacturing and distribution stages. Serialization and Lot Management enable manufacturers to manage high volume serialization tracking, tracing and mass serialization while at the same time enabling the management and control of logistics requirements.
Built for the Cloud and on Premise Use, Available as Subscription or Capital Investment
While cloud may be preferred among large multinational companies, on-premise may be better choice for smaller companies - mostly because it enables more flexibility at implementations. Both cloud and on premise are available for subscription; on premise is also available as capital investment.
ERP as a Service has two major advantages:
- No need to make Capital Investment.
- We take care for your Information Technology, and you take care for your Products - everybody doing what knows the best.
QAD Enterprise Applications: a Complete Suite Built for Food & Beverage Manufacturing
QAD Cloud ERP and QAD Enterprise Applications on premise deployments enable Food & Beverage manufacturers to effectively:
- Address the needs for meeting consumer demand “on the shelf.”
- Introduce new products quickly to meet customer demand.
- Optimize processes across manufacturing, the supply chain and customer-facing operations, with an emphasis on quality, cost and delivery while maintaining the desired level of operational performance.
- Support global growth, expansion and margin improvement.
- More rapidly meet ever-evolving safety and regulatory requirements.
- Access and analyze processes and data, particularly in terms of consumer behavior with visibility to make rapid, fact-based business decisions. Deploy in the cloud or on premise using proven implementation and migration services.
- Operate sites simultaneously in the cloud and on premise with a single view of transactions and information across all business entities.